I am so READY for spring time. It’s been cold and dreary too long.
- March Madness. Seamus was so anxious to fill out his bracket. I think he was afraid the games would start without him! He picked Kansas to win, and sadly, his bracket is looking to best out of all of ours on the wall. Gilbert picked Villanova, Patrick picked UVA, and I picked Tennessee, just for something different. I want a do over! But Gilbert has actually taken to erasing things on his. It makes Seamus furious–I don’t really see why, since we aren’t competing..
- #MeToo. I was on a faculty speakers panel on campus to talk about the #MeToo movement and how sexual assault and sexual harassment affect campuses. I got to talk a little about how we think about bodies and personal space, and my comments got some good questions from the students, so I felt vindicated.
- Spring Break. It’s not very spring-y but we went to Kentucky. We rented a Kia Soul, picked out by the kids. I liked that I could see out of it, but it didn’t have much pick up. I’m going to do a separate post about the visit. Keep an eye out later this week.
- Yard work. Our yard looks terrible! The kids have killed all the grass with soccer, baseball, basketball, and football playing. I got some grass seed and tried reseeding it. We’ll see how it goes. I really want there to be grass, so that wen we have a party or just have kids playing in the back, it’s not a mud pit.
- It’s been a very frustrating month, with lots of things breaking. We had a wind storm that sent flying debris into out back window of the van. It broke. Ugh. And then it took two weeks to get the part and get it replaced. Our dryer gave up the ghost too, so we had clothes drying all over the house. Our landlord came back to town and hunted down a new one. So at least both those things are better, but it was difficult to deal with, while I was also dealing with a really busy time at work.
- I wrote a lot recently. That’s nice, since I’m going on sabbatical next year.
- We had a fun trip to the Richmond Science Museum. They boys tried to fly blimps through a hula hoop, experimented with upright and recombinant bikes, and played with the light tables. It would have been more fun, if that hadn’t been where the debris hit the van, and we had to drive 2 hours home with the window broken! But it was kind of cool to go back inside and watch the video of the umbrella hitting it…
- Harlan says all his brothers’ names now. Porter is PohPoh, Gilbert is BoopBoop (again!), and Seamus is Missh.
- St. Patrick’s Day was fun. Green bagels, a birthday bowling party for Porter to go to, and just hanging out. Patrick didn’t dress up in any crazy outfits, but we all had fun, and all the boys had a lot of green on! They kept calling it St. Dada’s Day!