I can’t believe we ever worried about Porter talking.
- Today, he climbed into bed with us and said we were a family of blue owls.
- His favorite song is a Spanish song, and he sings it all the time: “Manos, manos, manos, dedos, dedos, dedos, brazos, brazos, brazos, Baila baila baila!”
- He has an active imagination with his toys. A few days ago, he told me his little dinosaur was sad and that the little dinosaur was lost. Then he went back over to the couch to resume the game.
- He gets pronouns confused and will say things like “Harlan is playing with her car.”
- He asks permission for everything. “Can I go outside?” “Can I have some more?” “Can I play with that?” It’s so nice to have him be polite and reserved. Unlike some brothers I know.
- He gives compliments. Nice shoes Mama! Good soup Dada! Oh, good basketball Seamus!
- When he’s upset, he does give us the NO! It’s mine. Let me have it.
His nonverbal communication is also strong. We’ve seen many moments lately of smiles and eye movement, but also as observed by others, “He can make the downturned mouth very effective!”