Well, it’s been busy around here. The best, most exciting news from my perspective is that I received the official word that my tenure application was approved. I’ve been drinking bubbly ever since. It is a good feeling to know that I will have a job (as long as the university stays solvent).
I have a big old file of information that supported my application, and now I guess I don’t know what to do with it. I bequeath it to the future. Things people have said:
- Congratulations! (this is the best one)
- Now you don’t have to write anymore! (um, I didn’t retire)
- Now you can tell everyone where to go! (I still have to work with these people)
- You’ll be here forever now! (I guess)
- What a relief! (I’m not sure if what this means)
- Let’s have some bubbly! (THIS is actually the best one!)
I’m also super happy that my colleagues who went up for promotion also got their good news.