Our CSA is going gang busters, and our garden is coming along. Some of this is notes for me for the future, but if you have questions or want one of the recipes, shoot me a line.
What we’ve gotten so far:
- Garlic Scapes (loads)
- Mustard greens
- Boc Choi
- Herb plants–Basil, lemon balm, and Greek basil
- A few other things
What we’ve made:
- Saag Paneer (with mustard greens) and Masala Gobi (cauliflower)
- Loads of crispy kale
- Kale smoothies
- Boc Choi with udon and boc choi stirfry
- Spanakopita with Kale and Fennel
- Kohlrabi fritters
- Greek Cauliflower with Rosemary and tomatoes (rosemary from the garden!)
- Lots of basil pesto from the garden (my basil might be overwatered…I hope it lives)
- Roasted broccoli
- A cauliflower pasta sauce (I froze this for making pasta bakes in the future)
- Lots of salad
I’m still working on the other greens. I’m thinking greens fritters or a greens pie in the New Vegetarian Epicure. A reason this thing is working is that we can collect the veggies on Monday night, process some after the kids go to bed, and then we spend a lot of time on Tuesday and Wednesday processing veggies. I’m hoping once we get more stuff that aren’t greens, it won’t be quite so labor intensive. We ordered a double share, and we are getting a LOT of food.
Our CSA is Bull Run Mountain Farm, if you want to check it out.