I think there is a message out there about summer teaching. I’m loving the class (see from the sidebar that I’m teaching Ana Castillo and have read pretty much everything by her at this point), but man, teaching three nights a week is tough.
Only a week and a half to go. In the last three weeks:
- Both boys missed two days of school for illness.
- The starter motor in the Honda malfunctioned. Patrick fixed it, but that ate up an entire day.
- I had a fever and had to rest all day.
- My hard drive at work crashed.
- I fell while hiking and thought I had broken my wrist, so I spent the afternoon in the emergency room.
- The boys have had end of the year celebrations, that I’ve missed, and some I’ll make, but I have rearrange the schedule.
- I’ve been to yoga once.
- And, last night, the power went out on campus, right before class.
- I’ve been trying to finish an essay that was due a month ago.
- I signed up for an online class, because I thought, eh, no big deal. I did manage to finish it.
I am planning to take the summer off from teaching next year. I think these things are a sign.
I cannot wait to get the boys home and playing like crazy everyday for summer. It’s going to be busy, but the pool, zoo, beach, waterpark, backyard, all beckon!