Seamus lost his first tooth this morning! He got up early and he says he just pulled it out because it was “hanging on by a thread.” So now the tooth fairy is going to come. Seamus thinks the tooth fairy is a he.
Some things I think would be fun about teaching kindergarten:
- Watching children develop a love for coming to school.
- Seeing them all lose their first tooth.
- Watching kids learn to go across the monkey bars.
- Field trips to neat places.
- Science exploration and math games.
- Reading books to boost their brains.
- Celebrating success with kids.
But there would be a lot of things that probably wouldn’t be so fun, like when the tooth comes out with a lot of blood. Broken arms on the playground. Bathroom accidents.
I have a theory that your own kids’ bodily fluids don’t bother you much initially. As they get older, there’s less and less desire to have to deal with them. But a whole classroom would be an interesting challenge.