1. Gilbert never lets a potential potty joke get past him. Yesterday, Patrick was making coffee. It was a new batch of beans, and he was trying to figure out how to make it the right strength. I said, “I don’t know. Intuit it.” Gilbert started laughing, “Toot it! Toot it!”
2. My birthday was this week, so Gilbert and I made Carrot Cake, and Seamus and Patrick made Cream Cheese frosting to go with it. We used the Joy of Cooking recipe, except we subbed 1/2 cup of molasses for the cup of white sugar the recipe calls for. It was terrific! (And a nice iron bonus from the molasses.)
3. All indications are that the previa will move before the baby is full term. This is one of the primary reasons I’m glad to have midwife care–there is no emphasis on problems that we can’t fix or don’t really exist right now. There’s no need to overly monitor the situation. We just wait. And then, at 34 weeks, we check in and see what’s going on. Nothing but visualization need happen before then.
4. We got another inch of snow last night. I’m pretty over it. However, the room I was teaching in last night had a thermostat stuck on 94 degrees! I drank through 64 oz. of water just to manage the heat. It’s a good thing I had planned for them to be up moving around and doing different activities.
5. Seamus built a giant train set yesterday. He woke up this morning, super early, so that he could continue to play with it before breakfast and he had to go to preschool. I’m starting to be a little surprised at how big he is, and how he’ll need to ride the bus to Kindergarten next year. Also, I see my grocery bill increasing. He’s been having 2-3 servings of all food lately. Mashed potatoes are a new favorite, but I need to make twice as many!